Wednesday 4 March 2015

Welcome to the Ink Pod

Although we are only just heading into our fifth week, I have already been inspired by some of the amazing writing coming out of the class so far this year. I spend half of my time wishing I could teach literacy/writing all day, and the other half of my time wishing I could scurry off to a corner to write for myself.

The students have embraced the idea of figurative language and are showing a wonderful understanding of literal versus abstract. They are experimenting with using metaphors, similes, and personification in their own writing, and have been coming up with some amazing thoughts during our 10 minute writing sprints.

This is a space for the students to share their work and receive constructive feedback. While we are always looking for the positives, we also need to continually look for ways to "Bump it Up" and make improvements while crafting our pieces of writing.

Check back regularly to see what the students are posting and the new types of writing they are experimenting with.

No comments:

Post a Comment